Friday, February 15, 2013


10-8-12      Salta   Argentina

 

Hi,

This conference weekend was really great. We got some recent converts there and 7 different investigators. We could have had alot more but we need to commit the people a little better beforehand.

I watched the Saturday sessions in Spanish but found that when I tried to note something down I couldn’t stay focused on what they were talking about so when I went to English it was easier to take notes and still hear what they were saying.

I loved Elder Holland’s talk. I guess he gave the same one (almost) in the mtc but was even more bold and firm. He has a couple famous talks in the mtc. He has so much power behind what he says, it’s amazing. "Do you love me?" will be a question I frequently ask myself. It really makes one ponder and think about how we can improve. It seems they are really pushing for a higher speed of perfecting ourselves. Between that and dropping the age for missionaries to 18 and the girls can leave at 19 now makes me feel the second coming is alot closer.

Well we moved today and that used a bit of our time. I feel like I am camping even more now than ever haha. We will be buying an oven and fridge next Monday along with bed frames and closets... we have a rope and a floor and bathroom for now. The most important things at least! haha. We will eat alot of bread with non perishable things. :)

The chapel is close by so we will study and cook there if needed. This is the first time in my mission that I have lived in my area! I am excited and can already picture our neighbors in the baptismal font! haha.

Well I love you all so much and hope everything is going well!

 

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment