Sunday, March 6, 2011

From the MTC, Provo Utah

Wed, Mar 02, 2011
So right after I said the snow doesn't stay around long here it dumped 6" and stayed for a couple days! Today it is pretty warm out though so it jumps around alot. A district in our zone is leaving so we are moving from the 4th floor of our building down to be with the rest of the zone on the ground floor. It will be nice to be by them and get to know them better. We will be the oldest district in a week which is crazy! Some elders are having problems getting visas to Mexico though, so they might be here for a little longer. 
We have been teaching and learning a ton lately! We had a really neat experience with one of our progressive investigators yesterday as we extended the invitation to be baptized and to repent through prayer. She accepted and afterwards my companion and I were so excited to be doing that in Argentina in a couple weeks! Our other investigator is not ready but  we are learning so much to be able to help him prepare and understand the need for baptism by the proper authority.
My testimony of the restored gospel has grown so much since I have been here! The history of the church and the scriptures are so real and come to life as we study! The power of the Book of Mormon to change people's lives is amazing! I was reading a story about a man who robbed a girl on her way to a friend's house to give her the Book of Mormon. A few days later she got a letter from the man explaining how he had read it and that it changed his life and that he wanted to give her things back and never do the things he was doing again! 
I will try to find the source of that and let you know. It is in a talk I read.
I know that by reading and studying the Book of Mormon we too will be drawn to always do better and show more love for those around us! The Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ. It teaches us so much about the Atonement and how important it is in our lives. Read it everyday! I know it will bless your life! The Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth again and we are so blessed to be living at this time! I know the church is true with all my heart and nothing could ever make me think otherwise! I know that we can live together as a family  forever through the gospel! I love you all so very much and miss you!
Love Elder Oczkewicz