Sunday, March 6, 2011

From the MTC, Provo Utah

Feb 16, 2011
Well its so crazy that I have already been here 4 weeks today! Time is flying by! I only have 4.5 more to go. I am going to miss it here but I can't wait to get to Argentina! I heard that after our flight to Buenos Aires, we have a bus ride to Salta... if that's the case, we will see alot of countryside for 34 hours. I don't know if that's true but that's what we heard. I'll let you know when we get our travel information (not sure when that will be though). We have been practicing teaching in Spanish and it's coming along great! I can't believe how much we have learned in the 4 weeks we've been here!
Everyone got loads of candy for Valentine's day and I think I have had more this last week than the last couple years... not good. I am at 180 so I put on 5 pounds but it's holding there. I guess one kid that our teacher had, lost 30 pounds before his mission and gained 40 at the MTC! I might be doing most of my laundry by hand in Argentina. I got some cards from your young men and women! That was really cool! Tell them thank you and I'll try to write something before I leave here.
Last night we had an amazing talk by Kevin W. Pearson on how to make the most of your mission. He was really blunt but it really woke everyone up and as a district we all have set some goals and are trying to work alot harder.
We met with the Argentine consolate yesterday and got fingerprints so I think that means our visas are getting done. There are a bunch of Brazillian missionaries who were supposed to go to the mtc there but since visas aren't going through, they come here and get reassigned - to Florida mostly. I am glad I don't have to worry about that.
Lots of Love,
Elder Oczkewicz