Monday, June 27, 2011

June 20, 2011  Salta Argentina
 
Hi!
 
Things are going great with my new companion! He is such a great example for me! I am sad that we will only be together for one transfer but I'll just have to learn as much as I can while we are working together. On Saturday, I got to baptize our investigator, Oscar, who we lost contact with for a little bit. He is SO Happy and Excited.  He is a really great guy and is loving the things he is learning. We talked about family prayer and he said he had never thought about that but said he was going to do it for sure. His wife goes to another church with her mom but she came for the baptism and really felt good about it. They said they want to have us over for  another BBQ too! The last one with them was so good! The corn on the cob here is pretty good! 
 
This week we found a big family who were interested. We came back last night and they were waiting for us with more family and some cake from Father's Day! They are really excited to start reading the Book of Mormon and to learn more! The kids all have kids of their own and one of them was reading before we left and asking more questions! It was great! The dad and mom had a Book of Mormon a long time ago but hadn't read it or found it yet. The mom said she loved reading it but I guess they lost contact with the missionaries.
 
We are teaching a Gringo that doesn't know any Spanish! It is the weirdest thing to be teaching in English. When we are with investigators, it's like my mind goes 100% Spanish and I don't know the vocabulary in English because I pick it up in Spanish as I hear it used. My companion, who has been here for 21 months, was having a harder time switching to Spanish!
  
 
I love you all!  
Elder Oczkewicz

No comments:

Post a Comment